Art about expressing our values

Art is expressing our interest and values, derived from a person or place, fictional or nonfictional.  Art is everywhere. You would be lying if you haven’t drawn or even seen art.

As long as I can remember, I’ve been drawing. Some pieces are good, some awful and some are bizarre. I was inspired by many animated shows like “SpongeBob Square Pants” and “Family Guy” — when they used to be good. In elementary school I’d always doodle on my homework and classwork, which took up most of my time. To this day, I still do that. Art has been an important part of my life through my childhood and beyond.

Art is a part of all societies and cultures. It’s on TV channels that broadcast animation for children and adults. It is also in video games that are created to look and feel artistic even if we don’t notice them. People will go out of there way to go to museums just to see art. 

Sometimes art can be bad, like in propaganda designed to influence people to commit violence or join an evil ideology. 

Our brains are developed to appreciate art and sometimes influence our actions or our values. 

I have grown as a person and artist, learning to draw different styles of realism, abstract, symbolism, and even sculpting. Art gives me motivation to work. It makes me think thoroughly. Art can give us a perspective in our lives.

This was created as part of a podcast series by Richmond High student media.